- Nov, 11 10:15 pm - broadcast of a new tv feature on the scientific magazine OZON
- Press article Adler 11/2013
- Nov, 11 successful landing of the KNFH -Crew Sidonie Ohlmann/Jona Keimer in Kathmandu-congratulations!
- Nov, 9 the first team members arrived in Pokhara
- Nov, 1 successful landing of the Crew Ohlmann/Soila in Kathmandu-congratulations!
- Oct, 29 sucessful take off with the MWP-research airplane KNFH in Strausberg (team-photo). Actual position of aircraft ( track )
- Oct, 19 Preparation of the research airplane KNFH is going on in Strausberg. The KKOP is currently exploring the best way to Nepal ( track )
- Oct, 06 Rene is going for final preparations to Kathmandu-so as the Stemme-planes are waiting for departure in Strausberg
- Sept, 19 - high altitude training in a hypobaric chamber
- August, 21 - the last test flight with S10 VTX & DLR System will take place over the Berchtesgadener Alps
- Soaring Cafe -article Apr 21, 2013
- German Aerospace Center (DLR) MACS-Himalaya aerial camera takes first shots
- SkyLines is cooperating with MWP
- The aircraft Stemme S10 VTX D-KNFH from the FH Aachen - Faculty Aerospace Technology- will be the research aircraft for the MWP Expedition Himalaya 2013
- March 02, 2013 Lecture (Rene) at the wave seminar in Hannover (IMUK)
- First simulator training in regard of SID/SIA Kathmandu (VNKT) successful completed
- Interview MWP chief pilot Klaus Ohlmann with ALPS magazine (see Magazine 2/2013)
- Jan 29, 2013 - 01 pm - GEO TV-feature "Wave riders of the Andes" or "Les Enragés du vol à voile" on ARTE
- Jan 18, 2013 Lecture (Rene) at the wave seminar in Bensheim (see aerokurier 3/2013)
- OSTIV Expedition Nepal 2013 - meeting at the IC of Federal Foreign Office in Berlin
- Oct 17, 2012 -1.226km a new outstanding flight in waves over the Pyrenees
- Next meeting concerning Himalaya-Expedition at the ILA Berlin 2012
- Lecture (Rene) at the XXXI. OSTIV Congress WGC Uvalde (USA) with news about the next mwp-expedition - ( Summary )
- Peep behind the szenes of MWP Morning Glory - airborne measurements of the MWP chief scientist Joerg Hacker (Sept 2012)
- Apr 08, 2012 - 1.427km over the Alps a new outstanding flight in waves over the Alps
- In Memoriam of a Renaissance Man - Obituary for the Wave Pionieer Joachim P. Kuettner [ Magazine Segelfliegen 1/2012 ] ; [ OSTIV ]
- STEMME - Newsletter 1/2012
- Update of empirical positions Rotor-Wave (i.e. wave of Odenwald)
- MWP exhibition area at Museum at Technology in Berlin ( 2011-2013 )
- New tv-feature at OZON (RBB)
- MWP wins an Award of the European Meteorological Society
- MWP - a finalist of the SPACE MEDICINE ASSOCIATION JEFF
MYERS YOUNG INVESTIGATOR AWARD (AsMA-News 2011; p. 853)
- Exhibition "Brandenburg Land der Flieger" - Rodeo-Movie (11/08/2011)
- Aerospace Medical Association, 82nd Scientic Meeting (Anchorage, Lecture May 11, 2011- Abstract)
- New tv-feature at NANO will be broadcasted at April 15, 2011
- 6th ExtremWeatherCongress (Hamburg, Lecture April 14 2011) EWC - Journal
- Under the Spell of Lenticularis
- Review: National High Altitude Record (13.105m) - a Pilot Report from Joach Kuettner
- AGU - Atmospheric Gravity Wave Conference (Lecture Febr 28)
- 08/12/2010 one flight - 3 world records in waves over the Andes; update 12/01/2011 new reord 1.755km free triangle ( Berliner Wetterkarte 05/01/2011 )
- Peep behind the szenes
- omegau tau podacast
- MWP- gallery 1999 - 2009
- High Altitude Physiology- lecture at the DGLRM conference
- Mountain Wave Clinic in Crystalair (CA) , FAA-Seminar
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung- "Auf der perfekten Welle" - new press article 07/04/2010 - ( Video )
- high altitude physiology -
workshop in Fuerstenfeldbruck, first measurements in St. Auban (FRA); scientific meeting+ mwp-poster during AsMA in Phoenix (USA)
- World Record (attempt to 2.500 km Kuettner Prize) 12/01/2010 - pilot report
- New OSTIV -Manual WMO-No.1038 with MWP-part
Explore and Fly - exploration of turbulence areas, study of the system Rotor-wave in combination with outstanding flights up to the lower edge of stratosphere are the ambitious aims.
Successful expeditions with record flights over the Andes, amazing flights over french See Alps and Pyrenees according to the sky is the limit and in combination with scientific research. Mountain waves are atmospheric internal gravity waves and they are topics for interest of stratospheric ozone depletion (PSC's), vertical momentum transport (numerical weather prediction, climat simulation), forecast of space weather (i.e. mars lander) and in the aviation they are responsible for extreme turbulence (rotor, breaking waves). Enjoy TV-features and press reports about the adventures of the team- where wild winds rule...
mwp chief pilot
record holder- over 40 world records, 3.008 km longest glider flight of the world ever.
Prof. Joerg Hacker
mwp chief scientist, pilot, director of Airborne Research Australia (ARA) in Adelaide.
mwp director, pilot, GEO-specialist, advisor for the German National Team and for record flights.